Sunday 1 July 2012

Older work


well, whilst I was tidying up my workshop and studio, I came across some of my older work and thought that I would put it on the blog. It is funny how you forget some of the things you have produced even though you see them everyday!
 Some of the pottery pieces are created from extrusions,which I made the templates for and then just extruded the clay and created something from the resulting shapes.
 The millenium Green Man took ages because of all the life size acorns I had to produce to go around the outside! The two portraits are painted and Gilded on glass, Augusta also has the glass Frosted using an old Victorian method using bone glue to physically tear the glass off certain areas, doing it is a bit scary!
Then there are a couple of small pottery pieces and a couple of walking sticks, which I make quite a lot of, mostly with antler handles or a mixture of antler and buffalo horn/rams horn.

Millenium Green Man


Extrusion
Extrusion

Extrusions
Extrusions

Augusta, painted and Gilded Glass

Girl, Painted and Gilded Glass

Redwood clock

Joined Hearts




Walking Sticks
Black Forest Clock

No comments:

Post a Comment